- Daily Racing Contests
- Race Day Information
- Special Racing Programs & Events
- Driver & Trainer Standings
- Race Replays
- Wagering 101
- Harness Racing Fan Zone
- Winner's Circle
- Simulcasting and Off Track Betting
- Horsemen Information
Rules and Regulations
Backstretch (Barns and Stable area)
- No dogs allowed in the stable area.
- Permission for barn alterations must be obtained and approved by the director of backside operations.
- Water spigots should be turned off at all times when not in use.
- All feed must be kept in enclosed receptacles.
- All trash must be picked up and put in trash cans.
- All stalls must be kept clean daily.
- Manure must be deposited in manure pits.
- No trash should be placed in manure pits.
- The barn area must be kept clean at all times.
- All stalls must be cleaned at the time of departure. Dirty stalls will be deducted from the trainer's dorm deposit.
- No straw or sawdust is allowed in the paddock.
- No sawdust is to be used in the barn stalls.
- No cooking is allowed in the barns and tack rooms.
- No smoking is allowed in the barns.
- No vehicles are allowed in the barns.
- No person is allowed to live in the barns.
- Anyone causing damage to any part of the dormitory will be ejected from the grounds.
- No smoking is permitted in the dorm rooms, bath area, or hallways. Smoking is permitted in the dorm vestibules. Please use the ashtrays provided in these areas.
- All dorm rooms must be kept clean and are subject to random inspection.
- No animals are allowed in the dorm rooms.
- Pest Control - Once a month, an operator will be accompanied by a security officer or track personnel to treat the dormitory.
- Dormitory rooms are provided for adult occupants only. At no time should there be minor children permitted to live in or occupy the dorm rooms.
- Dorm rooms will be allocated by the director of racing.
- There will be a $50 per person deposit. After an inspection of the trainer's grooms quarters, the deposit will be returned according to the condition of the areas vacated and the return of all keys ($10/each).
- A parking policy has been established in the barn area. This policy is posted in each barn at the crossover near the phone.
- No diagonal parking is allowed. Parallel parking is only permitted next to the barns in the approved areas. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Anyone having questions concerning parking should ask a security officer working on the grounds.
IHRC Rule 71 IAC 5-1-22
(a) All licensees shall carry on their person at all times within the enclosure their assigned commission license. (Photo identification badge)
(b) A person shall present an appropriate license to enter a restricted area.
Areas which are restricted at Hoosier Park include, but are not limited to the following:
A. Stable Gate One
B. Stable Gate Two (emergency gate)
C. Paddock Entrance and Paddock area including the track (Standardbred)
D. Grandstand Paddock area (Standardbred) - This applies to all persons holding an IHRC license.
The stable area is crowded and overloaded with vehicles. Please limit the number of vehicles brought into the area when at all possible. Meet business associates and other guests at a location other than the stable area.
Persons using reserved parking spaces at the IHRC building, the track kitchen, and the south parking lot of the main public building without special permission will be cited.
Ship-In and Paddock
- Parking in designated areas only. Trailers must be parked in special posted areas. A new trailer parking lot is available north of the barn area.
- Ship-ins and qualifiers must report to designated ship-in barns or paddock. All Standardbred horses must leave the harness paddock 15 minutes after the trainer's last race or qualifier.
- All backside personnel must be licensed by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, and only licensed personnel and authorized persons will be allowed in the stable or paddock area.
- The use of illegal drugs by an individual is cause for immediate expulsion.
- The Indiana Horse Racing Commission specifies that there be no alcohol allowed on the backside.
- Horsemen stabled at Hoosier Park are required to enter horses in the Racing Office.
- All backside personnel are expected to comply with all rules and regulations of Hoosier Park now in force and hereafter made effective.
- Deadline to remove horses and personal property following a race meet will be posted.